An RPFANS New Applicant Membership application requires:
- An application fee payment of $25.00. (there is no HST). This can be mailed to our office or electronically paid here.
- The submission of a completed membership application form, which requests the following documents:
- A transcript of your post secondary education marks or other evidence to support achieved education.
- A Resume detailing work experience, educational history, personal and employer references
- Details of any conviction for a criminal or indictable offense
- The name of a sponsoring registered professional forester. If not known, one can be assigned by the Registrar.
- To Submit your Application by mail (printable version).
- To submit your online membership application Click Here
NOTE: If you are not a graduate of a forestry program which has been accredited by the Canadian Forestry Accreditation Board; please refer to the "Membership Requirements" tab of this website.
NOTE: Transcripts are requested of educational institutions directly. If this is not possible, there may be opportunities for alternative documentation. Please email the Registrar directly.
The Registrar can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification to you from the Registrar:
As a first step, the Registrar will make every effort to initially respond to all applications and inquiries within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of all communication.
The Registrar will make every effort to respond to completed applications, that also include all supporting documentation, within 3 weeks. During this time, the Registrar will process all information provided and provide weekly updates regarding findings or requests for additional information.
NOTE: While it is important that the Registrar respond to all inquiries and applications against listed time frames, there may be circumstances that occur that may be cause for a delay in the timelines noted above.
NOTE: If an applicant is unsuccessful due directly to education obtained from an unaccredited forestry program, they will be directed to making application for a national credential assessment. Further time will be required for the application to be assessed by the Central Assessment Authority (CAA). If you have any questions regarding credential assessment, please use this link on the Credential Assessment Process.
For contacting RPFANS by mail:
Registered Professional Foresters Association of Nova Scotia
P.O. Box 1031
Truro, NS B2N 5G9